Sunday, October 22, 2006

Two weeks to go!!!

That's right--two weeks from TODAY I take on 26.2...

Yesterday, we did an 11-mile course tour, which was awesome. I felt better than I have in weeks, and I was able to FINISH the run with only a little bit of tightness in my hip. It was a huge mental victory for me to cross the finish line (near the actual marathon finish) after running over the Queensborough Bridge, down first avenue and up fifth back to the park, just like I will in two weeks. Except in two weeks, there will be 2 million fans and 38,000 runners along with me!

Coach Adam interviewed Team Fireass after the run for a series he's doing called "Personal Record." It was great, and you can listen to it here: http://teamforkids.org/index.cfm?organization_id=57§ion_id=910&page_id=3725

I left yesterday completely exhilarated, prepared to rest as much as my ball-of-nervous-energy self will let me, to keep up the cross training, and to stay on the road to recovery. I'm so excited that my family is coming to share this with me, and that so many friends will be coming out the day of to cheer me on. I can't WAIT to meet the national team members who will be joining our pace group--you guys are in for a treat, because the 11:30s are the BEST...

No comments:

Post a Comment