Friday, October 06, 2006

back and forth...

Since my miserable run this past weekend, I've been going back and forth about whether or not to run in this weekend's Westchester Half Marathon. Team for Kids members got a special discount to run, and I was really looking forward to helping my teammates turn the Bronx River Parkway green! I talked to the coaches about it and finally realized that if I had to think so much about whether or not to run, I probably shouldn't. So I'll be traveling out to Westchester early Sunday morning to volunteer along the course and to cheer the TFKers on. Hopefully this will give me a morale boost! I plan to do a long pool workout on Saturday to make up for missing the race. Not exactly the same, but definitely better for my hip!

Now on to the non-running (but still cool) news! It's been an interesting week--I have two celebrity friends! First, Tom was asked to interpret for a Bolivian human rights worker on Democracy Now! yestereday. I listened--it was amazing! TPF, estoy muy orgullosa de ti! Visit www.democracynow.org to listen to the archived show.

Then, my dear DC Katastrophe (check out her blog at right)got her own little bit of fame. Check out www.dcblogs.com and www.readexpress.com. She taught me how to be an aggressive pedestrian WAY back at GW. Way to go, K!

No comments:

Post a Comment