Friday, October 13, 2006

soooo close!

The marathon is three weeks away. That's right, three weeks. Hard to know if I'm more excited or terrified. I think it depends on the day. When the TFK newsletter came out this week, I was absolutely glued to the marathon itinerary article. When Pam sent out her reflections on preparing for last year, I started to tear up. I realize I sound like a huge loser, but I'm ok with that. It's going to be such an amazing experience. I get chills just thinking about it!

And then there's the part of me that's terrified. My hip feels MUCH better--better than it has in weeks--but a little part of my brain wonders if I'm going to be in miserable pain for the whole race. Tomorrow we're due to run 23 miles. This will be our last long run before the marathon. I've already decided that I'm going to start with the 20-mile group and only do what I can comfortably. I've also decided that I'm not going to feel bad about cutting tomorrow short if I have to, but that's a harder thing to do. My head has decided not to feel bad, but I know I'll be discouraged if I can't finish the bulk of the run comfortably.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment