Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July Flavin-style!




This weekend, I headed home to Maine for a little 4th of July Flavin fun. In true "Camp Flavin" fashion, we had a cast of thousands (including a tent full of B's friends and lots of extended family!) It was a great time--Dad made a lobster feast for Mom's birthday. Check out the photo of the leftovers--(that's right, leftovers--we had 50 lobsters total) --in the sink. Some of the crew got up early Tuesday morning and went to cheer on the crowds at the bike parade (What can I say, it's a small town).

I also got in some great running this weekend. My cousin and I did a long-ish one on Sunday, and I felt pretty good after that. B had a friend visiting who does triathlons, and he was the only person up for a morning run on Monday. We kept a good pace then, too. Tuesday AM, I woke up and did the 12th annual (that's what it says on my t-shirt!) GRBA 5k. I finished in 28.28, which is pretty decent, considering that it was really sticky and I ran 2 miles to the start of the race! Mom and Dad came to cheer and take photos--they're rehearsing for the real deal in November. :)

It was a great weekend, and even my disasterous trip back to NYC couldn't ruin that! I was delayed 3 hours due to weather, but I did manage to see the fireworks as the SuperShuttle van tried to navigate through three lanes of parked cars on the LIE. I got home later than expected, so I'm a little tired today, but I'm totally pumped to start official training on Saturday!

4 comments:

Dave Wakeman's Blog said...

Your links aren't all the way down. I think you just adjust the location by moving the script in the template.

I played with my blog forever just to get it somewhat functional like it is. I kept getting random colors and no colors and stuff like that.

The other thing, why wasn't I invited to Maine? That's all I am saying.

Sarah said...

mmm... those lobsters look delicious! and yeah, you're links look fine to me!

how did you get those pictures to look so nice in your post? mine always go all over the place!

great job with the 5k! I'm getting excited about meeting everyone on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

COOL blog! My name is Betsy and I saw your link on Wakeman's blog. Good stuff. I am also shocking my friends and family with the running. Heh! I came from a verrrry dark place and now I am back. There was a time I could not run even two minutes. Unbelievable...

Will you be there tomorrow at the run?

-Betsy

Anonymous said...

COOL blog! My name is Betsy and I saw your link on Wakeman's blog. Good stuff. I am also shocking my friends and family with the running. Heh! I came from a verrrry dark place and now I am back. There was a time I could not run even two minutes. Unbelievable...

Will you be there tomorrow at the run?

-Betsy

Post a Comment