Saturday, July 03, 2010

happy 4th weekend!

I was dragging this morning (it was a very long week), but I was happy when I got to the park for our run. It was gorgeous out and the park was almost deserted. It is a holiday after all, and everyone leaves town. The rest of the week is supposed to be really hot, so we lucked out this morning. There was a cool breeze and it wasn't too humid. Anyway, we did 4 miles plus a "Magic Mile" around the oval. I shaved two minutes off my MM time! It's supposed to be a tool to predict finishing time for longer races. I did today's in 10:30, which is a little bit slower than my fastest 10k pace. About right, considering we ran 2 miles before it and 2 miles afterwards. At that pace, I am poised to break 6 hours at the marathon, and I'm hoping to get a little faster as the season progresses. I'd like to match (or beat) my time from 2006, if I can.

I'm feeling much better than I have in a long time. Part of that is the medication, the other part is my improved mood because of my upcoming move. Also, as much as I dread getting up early, I feel a sense of accomplishment by running with a team again. I really missed it during my rather long hiatus!

No comments:

Post a Comment