Saturday, July 10, 2010

Christmas in July

Seriously, I am so excited this weekend is finally here. I can hardly stand it. I feel like a five- year- old on Christmas morning. Two friends have said, separately, that I look happier than I have in a year. I can't wait for a fresh start in the new place. Lots to do to get organized, but I think it will be fun.

I think it was all the excitement that got me out of bed this morning. I got up earlier than past Saturdays (4:45) in order to be on the Upper East Side by 6:45. As the runs get longer and the weather hotter, we meet earlier. It was pretty painful, I have to say. Everyone else in the world, it seems, is going to be at that hour! I made it uptown while still half asleep and ran a loop of the reservoir with Mary before the group arrived. We had the option to do extra mileage today, and I was glad to do it before the group run because it was so disgustingly humid outside. The reservoir is beautiful and the lap around it woke me up enough to finish five miles with the team. In total, I guess I did about 6.6 miles today. I felt pretty good afterwards, and spent all afternoon moving stuff over to the new place and dodging runaway shopping carts at Target.

This week I have my nutrition consultation with Andrea Moss from Spark! Wellness. I have a lot of questions for her about how I can get enough energy during the day, especially during the training season. I don't eat a lot of meat, so getting enough protein is always a concern. I'm hoping she has some creative ideas, and I will be sure to report back.

Parents are coming to town next weekend to help me settle in, and Dad wants to run with the team on Saturday morning. We'll see what he decides. We're doing 14 miles. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment