Saturday, August 05, 2006

A beautiful day for a run!

This morning, at the crack of dawn, I went to Central Park--in a cab again because it was too early for the buses (seriously, can't look at cabs the same way after a summer at the TLC!)--for the weekly long run with TFK. As I stumbled around my room half asleep, I kept thinking "I must REALLY like this" and "I must be having a REALLY good time to get up this early!" We slapped on some green paint (I sported a TFK logo on my arm) and did 11 miles at commute pace in conjunction with the ING Marathon Long Training Run #1. I was a little stiff at the beginning, but the first two miles up a hill were a pretty big wake-up call! It was a good run, and I love being with a group of people who:

1) are at my pace
2) love to chat (especially Nancy, who tells GREAT stories about last year's training season and race, which get me ALL SORTS of excited to run the big one on 11/5)
3) feel no shame about stopping for water or pee breaks despite the fact that the hardcore folks are lapping us all over the place. Whatever. We'll be the ones smiling when finishing the marathon.

The 11:30s (aka Team Fireass--ask Frank where we got that name, because I'm not entirely sure, but it seems to energize us) all run for fun and today was a beautiful day with a breeze--a huge change from the past few days in NYC, where the heat index was over 100. bleh. days like this are why i run. go TFK!

No comments:

Post a Comment