Wednesday, August 16, 2006

pushing a personal record!

I have two days left at my internship, and then I'll be heading up to Maine for the weekend to hang out with the fam before school starts. Sadly, I'll miss my teammates and the Rockefeller run (the "blair witch" run through the woods!) on Sunday. However, I will be running 14 miles (just .2 miles shy of my personal record!) at Goose Rocks on my own. I'm kind of nervous about it, but I know I can do it. I think I'm going to run to the Bush estate and back (thinking about maybe asking them if I can use their bathroom?! In which case I probably shouldn't bring my eggs to throw at the house). The route has lots of hills, so my teammates need not worry that I'm skimping on the strength training!

Oh, and as many of you may know, my birthday is one week from tomorrow. In lieu of gifts, I will be accepting donations to my TFK fund (and you thought it was too late to donate!) Visit the link at the right, click on Contribute and make me a happy girl on my birthday!

Last name: Flavin
Bib number: 2451

No comments:

Post a Comment