Friday, August 25, 2006

another year older!

A friend asked me yesterday how it feels to be a member of the "quarter-century club." Before yesterday, I didn't know such a club existed, but now I guess I belong to it! Thanks to all who made my birthday so much fun--the emails, cards, phone calls, delicious lunch (T, who knew that sushi and ice cream from coldstone went well together?), candle-adorned cupcake (yum, thanks Johnny!) and little gathering last night will not be soon forgotten! Thanks especially to Colleen and Diego--my room smells like a garden because of the beautiful flowers you gave me! I even got some TFK donations as birthday gifts! Rock on, people! You're all great! It was a lovely day all around.

As far as training, I think I hit a bit of a wall on Tuesday night when I was doing hill intervals with the team in Central Park. I had just gotten back from Maine and I was dehydrated and my ankle hurt. I cut the workout short and headed home to rest. Wednesday I struggled to get through my cross training at the gym, and yesterday I had more ankle/knee pain at the end of my run in the park. I'm super-excited about the 1/2 marathon (+2.9) this weekend--picked up my number today at my first expo experience--but I hope I can get through it pain-free. I'll make myself ice my foot religiously tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment