Saturday, June 05, 2010

feels like summer!

It's early June, but it felt like August during this morning's run. Sticky, sticky! We met in front of Jack Rabbit on the upper east side (which meant another very early departure from Brooklyn) for 8 miles. The course was cool: over to the park, north to 111th street, east to the FDR drive, over to the footpath, down to 60th street, and back to 84th/Jack Rabbit. It was so cool to run down the east side--I never go over there--and to see the Queensboro Bridge in the distance. I was remembering miles 14 and 15 of the marathon over that bridge. There are no spectators, so all you can hear are the feet of fellow runners. Very powerful, especially since the bridge is almost completely dark. Anyway, the lovely people at Jack Rabbit had a shoe clinic for us after the run, before the store opened. They had bagels for us (yum!) and gave us a discount on everything in the store. I stocked up on some gear, for sure.

8 miles felt pretty good! I was very happy, especially given all the aches and pains I've been feeling, which has also caused a fair amount of anxiety. I'm going to the doctor this week, so hopefully I'm going to get some answers and possible solutions. I'm optimistic that I'll be able to keep running. Talking to De last week and having a good run today made me feel better. I came home, stretched, iced, and spent a lovely afternoon walking around with minimal discomfort, so that's an improvement.

Next weekend, 3-5 with Dad in DC while we're all there for a family gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment