Wednesday, November 01, 2006

an unfortunate turn of events...

i was having a hard time sleeping last night, so i got up early and checked my email. there was a note from nancy to the whole page group telling us that nina had been hit by a car and was in the hospital. she's fine, with only minor injuries. (thank god it wasn't more serious!) of course, she has an amazing attitude and the best spirit--nancy spoke to her, and she's so excited for us even though she won't be able to run with us this year. coach adam responded to nancy's note and told us that another teammate had also been in a car accident...she's injured too, but ok. this is kind of freaking me out. seriously, we have five days to go!

i'm really upset not to have nina there with us on sunday. frank suggested "taking her with us" on the course, so i wrote "for nina" on my singlet and i will finish the marathon even if it's just for her!

i am about to jump out of my skin. my energy level is high, and i'm getting ready to go. the econ midterm yesterday was the first big obstacle this week, and now that's over. just one more day of classes and two more days of field and i'm there....

thinking of you, nina!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so sad, too. Dave Wakeman and I were at the expo. I was waiting in line to meet Grete Weitz when Dave walked up. We were talking to one another about Nina.

Then...light bulb! Have Grete write a wonderful note to her. So she did. She wrote a fantastic note of encourgement and Dave will bring it to the party tonight.

We all know Nina will run again. But it's not about the running...she's just an awesome woman and we will miss her there.

I am so glad she is alive - more than anything else in the world. But I will also be thinking of her during the run...

-Betsy

Post a Comment