Sunday, October 17, 2010

A windy 8 miler

Yesterday was my first run since Hartford last Saturday. I didn't want to get up early, but I knew that it would be best to meet up with the group for inspiration. I knew they would push me to do the full 8. (I would find a way to shorten it if I ran on my own in Prospect Park). When I met up with them at 79th/5th, it was freezing and windy outside. I definitely did not have enough layers on. Note to self: time to pull out the hats and gloves for early morning runs. We aborted our plan to run along the East River in favor of two loops of the park, where there was more protection from the wind.

Overall, the 8 miles felt really good. We were all still on the high from our respective marathons the week before, and a lot of people were back after being away so it was nice to catch up on our race experiences. We were a little disorganized as a result, and I think our intervals may have been off, but we finished the 8 and went to have breakfast afterward. Eggs taste really good after a run!

Countdown to NYC starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment