Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tapering

I'm tapering, sort of. Not for New York, but for Hartford in two weeks. It's weird to run a marathon to prepare for another marathon, but that's how Galloway rolls, I guess. I am starting to have some pre-race jitters, all those thoughts that pop up just often enough to distract me from all the other stuff I have going on. What if I have pain? What if my toenails fall off? What if I can't finish in the 6 hour time limit and nobody is at the finish to cheer me in? Truthfully, none of that really matters. I'm just going to do my best. It'll be fun to run a new course and to see the CT contingent along the way. There WILL be people cheering me on regardless of how long it takes me to finish.

Today's run was supposed to be a leisurely 2 loops around Prospect Park. I decided to sleep in and do it on my own. When I got to the park, though, there was an inline skating race going on, which meant a pack of people zooming around and around the park in spandex. It was pretty crazy to see, and a little scary as they passed all the runners and cyclists out enjoying the warm weather. I thought I was going to be run over at least twice, but I survived. I finished the run rather uneventfully. Next week is another short one, and then it's on to Hartford!

No comments:

Post a Comment