Saturday, August 07, 2010

Sometimes you just have to sleep in

Today was one of those days. It was a long week, and when De's email came on Wednesday with the details of this morning's run, the idea of hauling it uptown for a 6:45am 6-8 miler was just not appealing. I figured I could handle the distance on my own and that I would sleep in a little. This morning I rolled out of bed at 8:30 and headed out to Prospect Park. It was gorgeous out. Not too hot, much drier than the past few days. I took it easy: two loops of the park for a total of 7 miles in 1/1 intervals. Still haven't been feeling 100%, but my visits to PT last week helped a lot. To cap off my run, I visited the farmers' market and picked up some local peaches. Yum! All in all, it was a good morning.

In other news, I signed up for the Hartford marathon on 10/9/10. We're scheduled to run 26 miles that day. The Galloway folks like to say that if we're running 26 miles, we'd better get a medal for it. The course time limit is 6 hours. I'll use all that time and just get the mileage in before I start tapering for NYC on 11/7/10.

Next week: 18 miles. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment