Sunday, July 17, 2011

6 mile recovery run

Yesterday was a short day after last week's epic 14 miler (and all the excitement it entailed!) We met at 59th and 5th and ran east and up 1st avenue (not quite the same as on marathon Sunday). It was a little frustrating to stop and go at every block, but we finally hit our stride around the second mile. We ran up to 81st and over to the footpath, then up to 96th street and turned around. I think we were all a little grateful for a short run; the group seemed a bit disorganized. It was ok though--I felt really good through the whole run, and it's been awhile since I could say that. We came back down First Ave and then across in the 60s somewhere (and we found a block of beautiful old brownstones that I'd never seen before. Just gorgeous). We ended back at 59th and 5th.

Yesterday felt easy compared to what's coming up this week. 16 miles on my own due to another weekend trip--and I'm not going to try to run 16 miles in Maine and make it to a 1pm wedding! Right now, the forecast is showing hot and humid, so we'll see how it goes. Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment