Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Just over a month to go!

The Portland half-marathon is October 4, and I am slowly amping up my mileage. I ran 7 miles at the beach in Maine two weekends ago (Dad hung in there for 6 with me!) and I almost conquered 8 last weekend. I say almost because my knee started to hurt and I had to walk the last little bit. I did do 8, though, and I had delicious Mexican food afterwards. Lunch of champions!

This week has been a light week, which has been nice. This weekend I'm resting, only doing one shorter run on Sunday instead of my usual two workouts. I remember when I felt like running a half was like nothing. It's amazing how long it takes to get back up to that kind of mileage! B is a little further along in his training than I am--he's already up to 10 miles. But I'm not focusing on that, or how much faster he is. (But we did joke about how he'll have time to go get brunch and then come back and watch me finish!) Just have to take my own advice, run my own race, and prove that I can do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment